1. I started The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery‘s Dessert of the Month x-stitch club! Each month you are emailed a super cute dessert-themed cross stitch pattern that will eventually become a big sampler. I’m almost finished with this month’s little champagne truffle. I’m really excited about this project because it’s totally doable. The patterns are all really small (about 2.5″x2.5″) so they’re quick to stitch, but adorable. I’ll post a picture of my finished little truffle once he’s finished.
2. We are still (slowly) converting what used to be my sewing/office/play room into Vada’s new big girl room. I have a huge cork board (in the photo) and an 8′x8′ quilt design board that will hopefully make their way into my longarm studio. I think we might be on schedule to paint the walls this weekend.
3. One of my new favorite lunches! Baby spinach pizzas on Ezekiel english muffins! They are so good and really filling. First, I toast the muffin in the toaster, then top with sauce (we always have Rao’s vodka sauce on hand,) mozarella, baby spinach, a little parmesan and some pepper. Put it under the broiler for a few minutes and you’re done! So fast and so good.
4. Friday the 13th (and the weekend that followed) really got us this month. Vada puked in the car and was sick for 2 days, the dog got out, I got sick (still am)… it was just a miserable time. I’m trying to kill this illness with lots of rest and vitamins and stuff. I don’t want it to get worse because I’m not into the idea of taking antibiotics (or really any medicine) while I’m pregnant. Vada was a good helper yesterday and brought me some lunch in bed to try to make me feel better. Such a sweetie!
5. Our bathrooms are almost finished (thank GOD.) Downstairs just needs a light, mirror, and a cabinet door. Upstairs needs a little more work – a light/fan over the tub, mirror and light fixture over the sink/toilet, finishing trim work and some work on the little linen closet we have in there. Even though it’s still under construction, it feels like pure luxury in there compared to what it was before! I really love how both the bathrooms are turning out. I can’t wait to decorate, and most importantly take a bubble bath, once all the construction is finished. I’m on the lookout for some super luxurious bath salts and bubble baths if you guys have any suggestions! I like lavender.
6. I started Project Life for 2012. It’s basically just a photo album/scrap book that you make to document the year. I’m doing approximately one page per week, sometimes with a little extra. It’s really fun and you don’t have to have a lot of stuff to make it look pretty. I can’t get into traditional scrapbooking, with all those annoying punches and papers and stickers and stuff. I don’t have a problem with sliding pictures or notes into interesting photo sleeves, though! This picture is from one that I started working on last year. I’ll post some 2012 pages soon.
I hope everyone is having a nice 2012 so far! I’m feeling optimistic. ♥